Monday 27 February 2017

My obsession with audiobooks!

Hello lovely readers,
This is a bit of a random post of let's just go with it. I am going to be talking about my love of audiobooks.
I don't actually enjoy reading that much. I know you may be thinking 'no!' or 'why not?'  but it's better to be honest! Before you wonder, I DO read but mainly articles or non-fiction, I don't really like fiction. However, if I find a novel I like, I will read it like there is no tomorrow whether I'm in the bath, eating or just about to go to bed, I'll get through it in a few days and then probably read it a second time a few months later! I will start books but unless I actually enjoy it, I'll usually just stop when I realise that this book just isn't for me, in other words I won't just power on through and hope it gets better. So basically I am not an avid reader, I have read maybe two dozen actual long novels in my lifetime but the books I do read, I really enjoy.


Right, now I have explained why I don't tend to read novels I will get on and tell you about my love of audiobooks and how I came across them. At the moment, I tire easily and find it even harder to read after a long day, my brain just cannot process what my eyes are seeing so it is pretty pointless. For a lot of people, reading is what they do last thing before they go to sleep as a way to wind-down and relax. For me, I set up my sleep tracking app and my alarm, I then open 'audible' (which is an app for audiobooks) I select the book I would like to listen to, at the moment I am re-listening to Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, I put it on a sleep timer,  plug my phone into charge and place it  next to my pillow. I love listening to a book before I go to sleep because it means I can shift down in my bed, get comfy and just listen. I find this really calming. I don't just listen to audiobooks before I go to bed, I will sometimes put them on in the background whilst I get ready for the day or when I am tidying my room. I just find listening to books works better for me than reading them, especially now, because of my medication, I tend to be quite spacey.

The only downside of audiobooks is they tend to be almost double the price of paperbacks even when it is just a download and not a CD. I guess this is because they sell a lot less audiobooks than your average paperback. It is quite annoying though because at the moment, I've been getting through them so fast. But anyway.

I find audiobooks a great way to escape from everyday struggles and worries, just to be somewhere else in a different life for half an hour. This is the same for books and I have nothing against reading, it is just more difficult at the moment.

In other news, I have picked up my new pair of orthopaedic boots and insoles, my last pair were identical but sadly the soles started wearing through because of the way I walk but I have a new pair now so that's all good. My anti-epileptics are back up at top dose and I haven't had a 'large' seizure for almost three days so that's a small victory! I haven't heard anything about my inpatient EEG yet but it should be either this week or next.
I haven't been feeling brilliant for the past few days, I think I have some sort of bug therefore I'm sorry if this post isn't very good, I'm hopeful next week's one will be better but thank you for sticking with it!
I hope you have all had a good day.
Evie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment