Thursday 2 February 2017

This world is amazing! A post about positive thinking.

Hello!

Today I thought I'd write about all the positives in life and why this world is so amazing.

I have been having a very up and down couple of months and I do get really frustrated sometimes. I don't understand why I have been given this particular life, why I have brain damage and why I can't  just  be like everyone else. However, I have periods where I feel really positive and realise that my disability and struggles have made me me! Although it can be tough sometimes, I have a lovely family supporting me, a beautiful bedroom which I have made my own, amazing friends who do not care about my disability but just accept me for who I am and love me for that and I am so lucky to have them. THANK YOU. Moreover, we are all so lucky to have this absolutely incredible world that is just waiting to be explored.
So, I know I may sound very cliché but the message I am trying to convey is that even though we have struggles in our lives that may feel unbearable at the time, we can overcome them and move on to enjoy the world with all its beauty.
For example, at the moment I am not able to do some of things that I would love to be doing because of my seizures not being under control. I am not able to explore our world how I would like but this is just a bump in the road, there will be much brighter times to come. In a few months I hope I'll be able to achieve small goals that mean so much to me such as going to school full time, meeting up with friends independently and to be able to go swimming! These may not seem that important or critical for happiness but for me this is all I want to do, I just want to get some of my life back!
When I am older, I want to travel and explore this beautiful world we live in and maybe this won't be possible but it is important to stay positive and just have hope.

I am lucky and yes at the moment it may be hard to realise this but I will get through this and I'll be stronger and more resilient because of it.

Thank you for reading and I hope you can take a moment to think positively and just love life!

Evie :) xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment