Thursday 9 February 2017

Seizure recovery

Hello!

Today I thought I would let you know what I do personally to recover from a seizure big or small. After any seizure it takes a certain amount of time to recover whether it's 5 minutes or 3 days. Sometimes it can take weeks to recover completely from large cluster seizures.
Usually, after a seizure I am confused and drowsy therefore my parents help me up to bed, my walking is often very affected after a seizure, and I tend to sleep for an hour or two. When, I have absence seizures or myoclonic jerks I can continue with whatever task I was doing before the seizure occurred.
After a 'larger' seizure, my CP becomes more visible for the days or even the weeks afterwards. When I say more visible, I mean I may drag my feet more and I will generally have more spasticity therefore my arms and hands may be more affected than they usually are. When this happens, I struggle writing even a single sentence, I get tired very easily and I have to really concentrate in order to make my feet clear the floor.
What I am trying to say is after a seizure you need to take time to recover and recuperate. Give yourself some TLC. If you rush back into normal, busy everyday life then you will probably end up pushing yourself too hard which will result in an increase in seizures, then you'll be back to square one. So just rest and take all the time you need to feel better and get back to the usual you!

I realise most of my blog posts are based around my own medical experiences and are probably relatively boring half the time! Therefore, if you have any ideas for future posts then please do get in touch:
Email~ livingwithcerebralpalsyevie@outlook.com
Facebook Messenger- Eve Osborne
Instagram Direct Message~ @livingwithcerebralpalsyevie
Or if you're on a PC or laptop then over to your right you will see a contact form where you can leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Any feedback about my posts or blog in general will also be gratefully appreciated!

Evie :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment