Sunday 5 February 2017

Ten top tips for a relaxing school night!

Hello,
I tend to start to wind down relatively early in order to have relaxed and stress free week day evening. Here are my top tips:

1. Lay your clothes/school uniform out the night before, this saves a lot of hassle in the morning, you won't have to go through your drawers and spend hours deciding what to wear!

2. Cleanse your face and brush your teeth early before you get too tired: this is especially important for people who get tired easily like my fellow Cerebral Palsy readers.

3. Tidy your room before you go to sleep, for me personally I find it nice to go to sleep in a tidy room. I also find the process of tidying very therapeutic.

4. Light a candle or listen to relaxing music, both of these are very calming.

5. Do mindfulness. Whether this is colouring, simple yoga or focusing on your breathing for a minute or two, this is a very good way just to relieve the stresses of the day and have a period of peace and reflection.

6. Turn off your phone for a while before you go to sleep, have a break from social media and just focus on you for a moment or two.

7. Don't stress about school or the homework you haven't done just try to let everything go and have a peaceful night sleep with no worries.

8. Read or listen to an audiobook before you go to sleep, this allows you to live another life even if it is just for half an hour, it allows you to forget any worries you may have and just enjoy a story.

9. Don't go to bed too late, try and let your thoughts go and just close your eyes and drift off.

10. Sleep with one pillow and shift down in your bed so you are lying completing flat, I have found this so much more comfy and I feel I have better night rest when I do this.

So there you go, my ten top tips for a good nights rest and a relaxing weekday evening. I hope you have enjoyed reading this and if any of my advice has helped you please do let me know. As I keep saying, I would love some feedback about my posts and blog so don't be afraid to email, Facebook message or just fill in the contact form to your right, if you are using a mobile device scroll down to the bottom of the page and click view web version. Once again thank you for reading and I look forward to hopefully hearing from a few of you soon!

Evie :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment